Thursday, June 16, 2011

Harvest Moon Farms Salve Healing Hand



Harvest Moon Farms Salve Healing Hand

I received this stuff as a gift. I had done a bit of distance healing for a dog and as a gift, I was sent soaps, teas (which I will review next) bath salts and this little gem from Humboldt Herbals.


The organic lavender fields at Harvest Moon Farms

Healing Hand Salve was the first product they developed. The creator is a farmer and a bodyworker and after a day in the garden needed a really powerful healing salve so the clients wouldn't feel the rough hands of tilling that soil. They are have a featured producer profile on the Organic Trade Association website: www.theorganicpages.com.

Now I know it's supposed to be for hands, but I use this stuff when I have any cuts, scrapes, rashes and yes...even pimples. I used to keep the little tin by the kitchen sink because it would take the sting out of a burn too. (Yes, I'm a gazelle in the kitchen as well as a study of grace in the yard) Then it moved to the medicine cabinet upstairs because it seems to take the pain away from paper cuts and other little cuts I would get .A few minutes after applying it, that throbbing would subside.

But now it's on my nightstand on the bed, because if I apply a little dab of it on a cut or pimple, etc. I find by morning it's well on the way to be healed, inflammation and redness much less than it had been.  Just last night I put it on a mosquito bite that was driving me crazy and raw from scratching. The itch stopped and in the morning it was healing. So you see, it has many uses. Maybe I should just buy a slew of them and put them all around the house.

They are also in the midst of creating a new lavender line, and a English essential oils line. Now anyone who knows me knows I'm a lavender freak. I have 3 different varieties of it growing in my gardens and I use essential oils everyday and in every way, so I'll be checking these out and reporting back on them. If they are as good as the hand salve, then they are on to something and I wish them well in their endeavor.
The company states a little goes a long way and it really does. I love the smell and detected lavender and perhaps calendula. On the website they list it: 

Herbal Ingredients
  • Comfrey (Symphytum officinale)
  • Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia)
  • St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
  • Calendula (Calendual officinalis)
  • Plantain (Plantag major)
  • Nettles (Urtica dioica)
  • Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)
  • Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
  • Sage (Salvia officinalis)
  • Passion Flower (Passiflora incarnata)
  • Usnea (Usnea barbata)
Infused in a base of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Bee's wax and propolis with essential oils of Lavender, Tea Tree Eucalyptus and love.
Herbs used in this preparation are Registered Organically Grown in accordance with the Organic Food Act of 1990 or Custom Wildcrafted.
Actions

  • soothing
  • antifungal
  • antiseptic, anti-microbial
  • astringent
  • anti-itching
  • overall healing skin herb
Comfrey root and leaf: 1, 3, 5, 6. Speeds healing.
Lavender flowers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Fresh, clean aroma. Soothes & renews.
St. John's Wort buds and flowers: 4, 6. Analgesic (reduces pain). Specific for trauma, bruises, cuts. Relieves skin conditions of a nervous nature.
Calendula blossoms: 1, 2, 3, 6. Anti-inflammatory. Heals wounds, erup-tions, damaged skin. The Ôskin' herb!
Plantain leaves: 1, 3, 4, 6. Emollient: softens, soothes, protects the skin.
Nettle leaves & flowers: 1, 4, 6. Strengthens hair, skin & nails.
Yarrow flowers: 3, 4, 6. Aids in healing wounds.
Rosemary leaves: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Also acts as a preservative.
Sage leaves: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6. Promotes the healing of wounds.
Passion Flower leaves: Sedative, anti-spasmodic, relaxing, nervine.
Usnea: 2, 3, 6. Used for skin infections and burns.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 1, 4, . Nourishes, soothes & protects.
Bee's Wax: Emulsifying agent. Bacteria-resistant base.
Bee's Propolis: 3. Wards off infection. Acts like a liquid Band-Aid. Good for bed sores, spider bites.
Lavender essential oil: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Analgesic. Anti-rheumatic. Used for abscesses, acne, allergies, boils, bruises, burns, insect bites & stings, burns & wounds.
Tea Tree essential oil: 2, 3. Anti-inflammatory. Contains anti-bacterial compounds that cleanse & detoxify.
Eucalyptus essential oil: 3. Analgesic.
Used for cuts, sores, ulcers, etc. 

Please note: This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to prescribe or promote the sale of any herbs or herb products, nor is it intended to replace qualified medical health care.
If you have a condition that requires medical attention, you should promptly seek professional assistance






No comments:

Post a Comment